We operate a pre-bookable appointment system offering appointments up to 7 working days in advance with a doctor, for both face to face consultations and telephone consultations; however patients will always be seen the same day when clinically necessary and will be offered an appointment with the next available doctor or appropriate health care professional.
All patients records are computerised which ensures that whichever doctor you see they will have up to date information about your medical history.
Booking Appointments Online:
- Patients may book Face to Face consultations or Telephone Consultations online, Access the online appointment system(please ensure that you have registered for online services).
- To register for online services (which gives access to appointments and enables you to order your repeat prescriptions) please fill in the online form here , you will then receive an electronic letter to your registered email address (Please ensure that you check your Inbox and Junk Mail Box regularly for the letter).
- Once you have received your letter simply follow the 'How to Complete your Registration Guide'. Remember there is no need to register more than once, registering online will include access to online appointments and repeat prescriptions
- Please note: Patients are advised that in order to activate and access your Repeat Prescriptions online, proof of identification will need to be presented in person at your GP Practice; this will also provide you with access to your Care Records as from the 1st April 2015.
- Should you experience any problems please refer to the 'Patient Frequently Asked Questions' Guide.
Cancellations: If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.
Daily Doctor on call
The practice has a doctor on call each day to triage requests for emergency consultations.
Extended Working Hours Appointments
Extended Hours Service
Additional pre-bookable and book on the day appointments are available outside the standard practice hours from the Extended Working Hours service which are provided at Moorgate Primary Care Centre, Radcliffe Primary Care Centre, and Prestwich Health Centre. The Extended Hours appointments can accessed by calling the practice during the week to pre-book appointments, or patients can ring on the day on Saturday and Sunday to access the on the day appointments.
This service runs from;
- Monday - Friday between 18:30 - 20:00
- Saturday & Sunday between 08.00 - 18:00
More information about the Bury GP Extended Hours service can be found here
Text Message Appointment Reminders: The practice uses text message appointment reminders to those patients who have a mobile contact in their medical records.
If you would like to receive this service please ensure that we have up to date contact details and your consent by filling out these online forms:
Contact Details Form
Text Message Reminder Consent Form